One of the people that I look up to and respect most in the Field of Animal Communication and Healing , Danielle MacKinnon whose work close reflects my own , wrote a very good Blog recently called "5 tips on connecting with your pet", which I enjoyed reading and I recommend you reading the blog, which I have posted below or referenced below.
For myself as well the below steps which Danielle mentioned her blog, one the first thing that i notice in a animal is its body language and energy , and everything else start to fit in and come together, such as the telepathic messages and imagery that the pet and animal sends me, the intuitive signs and feelings in my own body , which lets me know how the the pet is feeling . Below is the Blog writting by Danielle MacKinnon.
- Send happy thoughts and images to your pet. Since animals communicate psychically with each other every day, they find it very easy to pick up on what we’re thinking. Imagine that you are “sending” a thought to your pet almost like email in your head – and your pet will receive that thought. Yes, it’s that easy! Just imagine that sending the thought of, “I’m safe and I’ll see you at the end of the day!” will allow your pet to know that you’re OK and what the plan is.
- Animals understand much of their environment via touch. Because they are so in tune with their intuitive side, all touch is expanded and exaggerated for them. When you are in a good mood, spend time petting (or hanging out with) your pet. Animals read our energy and our emotions every day – so this would be a great treat compared to the daily hustle and bustle and will allow you to build an emotional and physical trust with him or her.
- Your pet (all animals in fact) understands everything you say about him. Your cat may not care about the stock market, but he can certainly understand your feelings and emotions about it. So, when you are talking about your pet, be aware that location and volume don’t play a role. Whispering in the bathroom with your husband about how much you hate your dog for pooping in the middle of the living room is not actually a private conversation. Anything you say or think can and will be picked up by your pet. So, be careful and aware of what comes out of your mouth!
- For those of you who want to help others, who have a heart of gold and are always reaching out to ensure those around you are safe, secure and happy – you may find that you lean emotionally on your pet. Do you cry to your pet? Do you let your feelings out to your pet because he/she is the only one who understands you? Do you feel that your pet is your absolute best friend and the most incredible listener ever? If your pet were human, this would be a great thing, because humans are able to handle this – but since your pet is anything but human, supporting you emotionally is usually too much – and kind of unfair! Be sure that you are not releasing all the pent up energy of your day onto your dog/cat/horse/bird/fish etc. Most animals will do everything they can to support you in your needs, but it usually ends up an energetic overload (which can look like disease, distress, misbehavior and more). Instead, try to spend supportive, fun, exciting and bonding time together that does not involve your emotional release.
- Physical! Animals, no matter what kind, are very physical creatures! Turtles, birds, ferrets, dogs and more all like to get out and do their natural thing. Spend time running through the field with your dog, galloping with your horse, rolling around with your cat… all of these create a physical and emotional bond that will allow the two of you to come together in the best way. Instead of always asking your animal to live in your world, spend some time in theirs. This will help balance the energy between the two of you and create a beautiful sense of closeness.
Of course, there are more ways to connect with the animals in your life – sending pictures, receiving their feelings, releasing energies, feeling their body in your body and communing in a more psychic way – but know that if you can implement the five tips above, connecting in a more traditional psychic way will be that much easier!
Source : Danielle MacKinnon http://www.daniellemackinnon.com/animal-communication/animal-communication-five-tips-connecting-pet/